Welcome to our website. This website is owned and provided by Compare and Share Limited (registered in England and Wales with company number 8365213) whose registered address is at Preston Park House, South Road, Brighton, East Sussex BN1 6SB.
In these terms, reference to “We” and “Us” means Compare and Share Limited.
- We provide a virtual marketplace for those who seek and those who provide sharing services. As an aggregator, we enable you, our customer, to find suppliers of services who can connect you with people who offer shared property, shared transport and other services. You should be 18 or over to access our services.
- We also enable people who have services to offer, whether hosts (occupiers of properties) or owners (of means of transport), to find service providers who can connect them with potential users of their services.
- Our services are free for you to use. We receive a fee or commission from a service provider when you use our service to purchase services from them or to register with them.
- You cannot enter into a contract on this site – we merely connect you with service providers with whom you can contract.
- We aim only to list reputable sites but we do not endorse any of the sites that we list or any individual listings on those sites.
- Sharing services is not inherently a high risk activity. Millions of people share transport and accommodation every day without coming to harm. However no human encounter is without risk and you need to be aware that sharing accommodation or transport with someone you have never met has an element of unpredictability and risk. Different service providers have different ways of reducing and limiting risks. You will need to make your own enquiries and take your own precautions so that you are satisfied that you have reduced the risks to a level that is acceptable to you. You are solely responsible for your interactions and communications with service providers and people you are introduced to through this site.
Limitation of liability – please read carefully
- We use reasonable efforts to ensure that the information on this site is accurate, but we cannot guarantee this, and can accept no liability for errors or omissions in the information we provide. Most of the information we provide comes from third parties over whom we have no control.
- This site can link you to a number of providers of products and services. We do not provide these services ourselves – they are provided by third parties over whom we have no control. It is your responsibility to satisfy yourself that you wish to obtain any product or service before doing so. We are not responsible or liable for any loss or damage you may suffer or incur in connection with any product or service you obtain after using this site or for any acts, omissions, errors or defaults of any third party in connection with that product or service.
- We will not be liable for any indirect or consequential loss or damage whatsoever (including without limitation loss of business, opportunity, data or profits) arising out of or in connection with the use of this site.
Intellectual Property Rights
- The website and its content are protected by copyright, trademarks, and other intellectual property rights and laws. You may download, copy or print pages of this website for personal, non-commercial home use only. Apart from that, none of the content may be downloaded, copied, reproduced, transmitted, stored, sold or distributed without our prior written consent.
- The prices we quote are for guidance only. The actual price will be determined when you enter into a contract with a service provider.
- Currency Conversion. As a convenience to you, where services are available in a currency that is not UK Sterling, we convert the currency using the rates available at http://finance.yahoo.com/currency-converter. These rates are updated every 24 hours. We believe the rates to be reasonably accurate but we do not guarantee this, and you may have to pay a different final fee when you pay for the services. If you want to check the quoted rates, you should check on an on-line currency conversion site or speak to a qualified professional.
Cancellations and refunds
- Cancellations and refunds are the responsibility of the service providers. Please refer to their websites for their terms and conditions.
- Except as set out in these terms, we will not disclose any of your information to other parties without your permission unless we are legally required to do so by, for example, a court order or for the purposes of prevention of fraud or other crime.
- By submitting information into our site, you consent to:
- the processing of this data about you by us and the service providers.
- the disclosure of your information to third parties, including but not limited to companies whose products or services are included on our website with a view to providing you with an online quotation for the service requested by you. When these companies use your data in this way, they will be acting as data controllers of your information and therefore you should view their privacy policies or contact them directly for further information. For further information about these third parties, please contact us at ££££@compareandshare.com. Some third parties with which we share your information may use it to carry out research such as analysis of market trends and customer demographics and to customise and develop the service which they offer to you or other individuals in the future.
- We may also collect details of your visits to our site and the resources that you access.
- Where permitted by data protection and privacy law, we may also disclose information about you, or access your account:
- if required or permitted to do so by law; or
- if required to do so by any court or government agency; or
- if necessary in connection with legal proceedings or potential legal proceedings; or
- in connection with the sale or potential sale of all or part of our business or the company.
- The contract between us shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales and you hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Feedback and complaints
- We welcome and encourage you to give us feedback on our service. Please write to us at [email protected].
- Our aim is at all times to provide you with an excellent service. If you are unhappy with our service for any reason, please contact us by writing to us at the address at the top of the page, or by email to [email protected].